Friday, December 11, 2015

Things Pondered, Part 9

Dear Evelyn Joy,

Somehow, and I don't know how this happened, but today you turned NINE! I love how you get so excited about birthdays, both yours and others, but I also am glad you didn't wake up at 5:15 like your brother did on his birthday! :)

Every year on your birthday (and often thru the year) I truly do "ponder" you.... how you are growing, what you are doing, and how amazing it is that God gave you to us. You were so wanted, so prayed for, and so welcomed with so much love.

I have watched you grow up so much this year. You continue to amaze me with how you use the gifts God has given you. They way you read, write, draw and learn are exciting and fun to watch.

Your love for me, your dad and your brother are fierce, and that shows in your actions. The way you protect and encourage your brother as he is struggling to adjust to kindergarten is so heart warming. I love that even though you don't acknowledge me much when you see me at school (which it totally ok by the way!), you are ready and excited to see me and give me a hug after school... the most favorite part of my day! :) They way you have prayed for your dad and given him extra love while he has been unemployed has meant the world to him... I hope you know that!

I hope you remember this day as a fun one. Here's some photos of your special day!!


Loving on your brother after you opened his gift to you. Your love for him is fierce, and makes me so proud.
You somehow stopped liking cinnamon rolls this year... and requested a donut on your birthday instead. So your dad got up early to go get some... you thoroughly enjoyed it!!
You wrote down what you would like in your birthday lunch... without prompting..haha!

You requested Red Robin for your birthday dinner and we had a fun evening there!
Freckled Lemonade is one of your favs...
...as is the birthday sundae you get!!


Sweet girl, we love you. We are thankful that God gave you to us, and we pray this year you will continue to seek Jesus and grow in the ways He desires. We hope this year brings you lots of good things! We love you!!

"... Mary treasured up all these things, pondering them in her heart." ~Luke 2:19

No comments: