Monday, January 21, 2008

As Good as it Gets

A few weeks ago I posted about the difficulty doing anything with Evelyn's hair. It still is a struggle. I have been taking it slow... first brushing her hair with a baby brush, then moving to a comb. So far, so good... but there is still no way she is letting me put a clip in it!

I thought I would try some elastic headbands today, just to see how she would do. She let me put it on.... I was shocked! But alas, it lasted only a moment and she pulled it off. She had more fun making me put it on and laughing at how silly I looked!

This is the best shot I could get in the 10 seconds I had.. she already had messed with it some!!


Maybe someday I will get to "do" her hair. It ok, tho... I LOVE LOVE LOVE just being her mom, no matter what!

On a side note, THANK YOU to all who wrote such encouraging comments about my last post and who spoke to me about it. It means a lot. I heart you all!! :)

4 comments:

Stacey Clark said...

Hi Stephanie - Very cute picture!!! Have a great week :)
Stacey

Melinda said...

It must be wonderful just being able to see her hair all of the time! She sparkles!

Katie said...

It was great fun to see Evelyn walk around at moms yesterday, she is such a happy child. The hair thing, it has taken me almost 4 years and 2 girls to master, and some days it still looks like they have had nothing done. So don't worry you and Evelyn will find a routine that works for you. I always have liked doing their hair in the high chair while they eat breakfast.

Unknown said...

Stephanie- Dean just got our internet hooked up and I thought I would look at your blog. It's great! Of course it's the first one I've ever seen. Have a great week! Ellen (You can e-mail me at ellen309@gmail.com )