Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Momma said there'd be days like this... but 5 in a row?

First of all, I need to preface this post with admitting that both my husband and I are NOT good sick people. We both just prefer to curl up in a ball and sleep it away. Thankfully we rarely are sick at the same time, definitely not since Evelyn was born.

Until this weekend.

Thursday I woke up with a headache. It got worse as the day progressed.

Friday my headache was now a raging head cold. FUN. I now have no choice but to "plug thru" the day... I have a 13 month old who wanted my undivided attention. She was sweet, tho, and took out multiple kleenex's out of the box for me!

Friday night Evelyn woke up many times screaming. Not sure why. At 3:30am I was rocking her when I heard Doug make a mad dash to the bathroom. Not a good sign.

Needless to say Doug spent Saturday and Sunday either in the bathroom or in bed. I wanted to join him desperately... I felt like crapola, too, but was in better shape than he was so I drew the short straw (although having the stomach flu probably isn't as fun as hanging out with Evelyn).

By Sunday poor Evelyn was tired of being cooped up... she loves to be out and about and by now we haven't left the house since Thursday morning. So I once again buck up and get her out of the house. She had more fun than I did for sure..... even tho it was kinda fun hanging out a REI and Bridgeport with my BFF Jody. Thanks, JoJo, for putting up with me and entertaining Evelyn.

Monday morning Doug wasn't feeling super, but was much better. Yahoo! I on the other hand, was not. I was exhausted and was so stuffed up. (insert whiny voice here!) So my dear sweetie stayed home from work to help with Evelyn... who now is acting cranky and not eating much and has a runny nose. FUN! I got some good rest in and felt better last night.

Today my head still feels like it weighs a million pounds and I have gone thru an entire box of tissues. But at least I don't feel as tired. Doug is back at work and doing ok, too. Evelyn is still fussy.. I think she is getting some molars. FUN!

What a few days it has been! We survived and we are so thankful that Evelyn didn't get the stomach flu. I wish I could say I learned about my inner strength or that it was a character building experience. But all I can say is this:

We never want to repeat this again! :)

Here's to health!

1 comment:

Melinda said...

It makes one wistful for the days of having a parent call the school to claim a sick day or two for us. No responsibilities except to sleep, and eat Jello and chicken soup that someone else prepared. Glad you are on the up-swing.