Friday, January 11, 2008

Helmet Update #7... WE'RE DONE!!! -part 1

I am sitting here writing this as Evelyn plays.... WITHOUT her helmet on!!

We went and saw Randall the helmet guy today. He was a bit concerned about our appointment today (as was I). He made so many changes to her helmet last time... we really didn't know what to expect. But... praise the Lord, she actually improved more than he thought she would!

She now only has to wear her helmet for naps and at bedtime, basically when she is laying down. She is still off symmetry a bit in one area, but wearing it just at those times will correct the remaining issues.

I'm not as excited as I thought I would be. It's been a long haul... almost 6 months. I guess I am more relieved and thankful than I am excited. Evelyn, on the other hand, has been sqealing with joy ever since we left Randall's office. She is totally excited to have her helmet off! Hopefully it won't be a struggle to get it back on!

These aren't the best shots of her, but lately she hasn't been wanting to sit still AT ALL, especially for the camera!! Enjoy my helmet-free little bug!!







THANK YOU so very much, all of you who have been supporting us thru this time. We appreciate your love and prayers. We know that it is GOD, not the helmet, who ultimately healed her head. I'll let you know when the helmet is officially off for good... hopefully in four weeks!

OK... after writing this, I now AM excited!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay! Praise God!!!

Melinda said...

Hooray! Fabulous news!

Jenni Clayville said...

That's AWESOME!... even though I thought she was so cute with the helmet.

BTW... you should post a picture of your cute new haircut on your blog!

Allison McKenney said...

God is good, isn't He?!

Evelyn is such a doll! She is SO cute!

I haven't seen your haircut, so post away! :)