Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Jesus Calling

Today I was reading Matthew a book and Evelyn comes running up to me with her play (princess) Ariel cell phone and says, "mom, its for you!".

Me: "I am reading a book to your brother right now, sweetie.. you are interrupting. I can't take a call right now."

Evelyn: "But Moooommmmm... its JESUS!!!"

*thinking quickly on how to handle this.. still don't know if I did the right thing...

Me: "Well, Jesus is the most important, so I will take the call. Hello, Jesus? Yes.. uh huh... right. Well, I know I told you this already this morning, but I just wanted to say thank you again for dying on the cross. That is the most amazing gift. (pause) Oh, sure... she is right here. Evelyn.. He wants to talk to you."

Evelyn then has a lengthy conversation with the Big Guy.. I couldn't understand all of it. Towards the end she exclaimed:

"Really? Oh. My. Stars. (yes, she sounded just like you are probably imagining it..sigh) Ok.. I'll be waiting... "

She gets off the phone and sighs deeply. I ask her what's wrong.

"He says he might not come back for one thousand years. That's a LONG time for me to wait!"

I gave her a hug and told her that we just need to enjoy the life that Jesus gave us and and do what He asks us to do here on earth while we are waiting for Him. And that the Bible says he is coming SOON!

She seemed fine with that answer. Then she ran off to play in her room.

We really don't know the hour.. but she does have a point. 1000 years is a long time! :)

And wouldn't it be cool if Jesus really DID have a cell phone?

1 comment:

Bloom Where You Are Planted said...

How NEAT! I LOVE conversations like this with kids! This is so precious!

Sounds like you handled it beautifully...and I hope for all of our sakes that He comes MUCH sooner than that!