Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas Eve 2013


It's late. I am tired. But after such a fun evening I had to get theses pictures up!

We had a leisurely morning today together. I really don't remember what we did other than make plans for the evening and watch Christmas movies!

Soon it was time to head to church. I love it when we all get to dress up!






It was a meaningful service and a good time to see friends! Thanks Abby for taking these pics!

We then met up with our dear friends the Bjorge's and headed out to Forest Grove to "Storybook Lane", a Christmas thing that has been part of that town for YEARS! I still don't know how I have missed this since I have lived here for more than half my life! We had the BEST time.. what a lovely place it was.. with lovely people!




Evelyn and Hannah.. buddies since birth! (they are 4 months apart in age)




Eric and I have been friends since 9th grade! Thankful for his friendship over the years!
His sweet wife and my good friend Cindy...she is good people!
Signing the guest book

The cold kiddos! It was a balmy 35 degrees!

We wanted to go out for hot cocoa after we left Storybook Lane, but since it was Christmas Eve, and it was late, we weren't sure if there was going to be anything open. Thankfully Shari's was open (and busy!)!
Wanting his cocoa in the worst way!

"What does the fox say?" Cue the song.... :)
The whole gang!

We got home after 10. I don't think my kids have gone to bed that late EVER!  But it was SO worth it. It was such a great way to spend Christmas Eve! 

Off to play Santa! :)

Merry Christmas Eve!

No comments: