Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Justin and Tori's Wedding

My sisters and I were the only grand kids on my mom's side of the family for years. Until my cousin Justin came along when I was 12. He was the cutest baby and we all were happy to have him around, even if it meant a few less Christmas presents...haha!  Justin (my mom's sister Chrissy's son) got married to a sweet girl named Tori on Saturday up in Everett. It was the first wedding in the family in 13 years and such a fun weekend to celebrate and spend time with my mom's side of the family.

On the road... they are such great travelers!

My mom and my beautiful cousin Brooke

Hayley and Chase seeing who is taller.. it was really too close to call! 

Waiting for the ceremony to start
This one. He was so sweet and was very interested in the whole ceremony, listening very intently!
My cousin Hayley and my Aunt Carolyn (with my cousin Dustin winning with the photo bomb!)


The bride and groom with their parents
Both Justin and Tori have children from previous relationships. Together they make a beautiful family of SEVEN! 

The Vanwinkle bunch. It is still hard to believe Tyler (my cousin who passed away in December) is gone and his absence was tough for all of us. My aunt Chris was so strong... she really wanted to find true joy in the day and not be sad. It was so hard for her! I am so proud of her!

Sweet Joanie. She and my aunt Chris have been best friends for over 40 years. Always fun to see her and catch up!!
The happy couple!
Aunt Carolyn and my little people. They like her a whole lot. She pretty much rocks in my book, too! :)

She is so like her father.... (bunny ear girl)
It was an afternoon wedding, and we didn't stay for all the dancing and other shenanigans so we got back to our hotel at a decent hour. We surprised the kids and we watched Star Wars (the very first one).. the first time for the kids. They LOVED it and want to watch it again so they can catch things they missed the first time. It was a fun evening to end our fun day!

In the morning we got to see this  pretty lady!! My sister and niece couldn't make it to the wedding, but they were in Seattle.. for the Taylor Swift concert! They went to the rehearsal dinner and helped decorate Saturday before heading to the big show. SO happy we got to see them!
My little people were happy to see her, too!

..and glad to see "their" Abby! :)

This house. 8522 9th Avenue. My grandparents lived her for almost 50 years, and I spend a lot of time here as a child and young adult. So many memories. We drove by on a whim and it was SO good to see the house in such great shape, as it was pretty desheveled the last time we drove by. Sadly the tree and the little grassy hill are gone from the front yard, but overall it looks great.

My mom and her Doug took the RV up to the wedding and stayed at a RV park close by. We happened to find them on the freeway as we traveled home and so we stopped and had lunch together. It was fun to see them on the road!

So happy for my cousin and hope he and Tori have a wonderful life together, and so happy for another fun weekend away with my family!

No comments: