Monday, August 20, 2007

Crazy Lady in the Church Nursery? ME!

Evelyn went into the nursery at church for the first time yesterday. Yes, I know, she is 8 months old, but up until the past couple of weeks, she has sat thru "big" church just fine and has LOVED worship. The past two weeks, however, I have had to take her out because her joyful outbursts were getting a bit too frequent. So...... it was time.

I was nervous. I was sad. I was a freak. I cried when I left her. OK... sobbed is a better word. Apparently, I was the talk of the morning in the children's wing.... awesome! I watched the reader board like a lion watching his next kill. (Maybe I should increase my zoloft? Hmmm...) I really did enjoy Barb's message, tho. Really, I did. I will blog about that later.

After service, I mowed over innocent bystanders and raced to the infant room, only to find my sweet daughter having the time of her life. She did GREAT. Only fussed a little, but was easily calmed with her pony( I'll post about her pony later, too). She was excited to see me and Doug.

Overall, I am feeling better about it now that the first time is over. I hope I can relax a bit. I hope I can be more focused during service without her. Maybe I should start by keeping my eyes closed during prayer instead of looking up at the "your kid is crying" board...

I will still miss her, tho!

"Train your child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it" Prov 22:6

Training my daughter to love God, love others, and to know that mommy and daddy need to put God before her.... and do so with joy!

3 comments:

Carrie Jean (to be Peeples) Friesen said...

Hi Stephanie! Wow, seems like forever ago that we did HB together ;) Your daughter is adorable and looks like the perfect mix of you and Doug!! Thanks for finding my blog!

Jenni Clayville said...

Girl... I TOTALLY know that feeling. I did that on Chance's "first day of school" too.

Kristin said...

I still watch that "your kid is crying" board like a hawk, every time we put Kyra in the nursery, even though she always does fine...

That's what the podcasts are for :-)

K~