Saturday, February 9, 2008

Apparently I look like a grandma....

Doug, Evelyn and I went out for a walk in the sunshine this afternoon. It was so nice outside! We passed an older lady on the street. We made some small talk. She asked about Evelyn. Then this came out of her mouth:

"So... she's your granddaughter?"

HUH???

To make it worse... today is my birthday! I already am feeling old. Now I guess I am looking old, too!

Happy birthday to me!

(ok... really I had a nice day... this just wasn't a high point!)


3 comments:

Allison McKenney said...

Happy Birthday! And, I won't even ask your age. :)

You mentioned the lady was "older" - perhaps she forgot her glasses????

Jenni Clayville said...

LOL!!! Looks like you and I have similar posts today. It's gotta be today.

Unknown said...

That is too, funny! You so don't look like a grandmother! I guess some girls have kids at 15, but get real. :) I'm glad the rest of your birthday was good.