Friday, February 15, 2008

My smart girl and basketball

Another beautiful day for Evelyn and I to head to the park! She always has loved being outside and liked the park. But now that she is mobile and outside (she has walked since December... but not outside!), it is SO much fun to watch her go and explore. She still likes the swing, as you can see!



Anyhoo... to the smart part. In the park there is a basketball court. Yesterday there were kids playing and Evelyn kept pointing to them. I kept saying the word basketball, and she would just smile. Today, same scenario. I told her kids were playing basketball. To which she replied with a huge smile: "bakaba!"

Yes, friends, she said basketball. I really think she did. She is just so pickin' smart! .... or maybe I just love her so much and am such a proud momma!

Good thing we have a hoop in the driveway!

Looking forward to more sunshine.....

Oh, and Aunt Bobbie... I LOVED chatting with you today. Thanks for loving me so much, you're the best! We'll get up north to see you soon! XO



3 comments:

Meal Planing said...

I'm so glad that sun is out! I love the picture of Evelin in the swing!

Erika said...

Love it!!! What a smart girl! Before you know it she'll be spouting out all kinds of stuff. Get her voice on video now because it will change so much. You think you'll remember what it sounded like but amazingly, we forget. She's priceless!

Anonymous said...

Hey, Stephanie...it sure has been a long time (this is Kennedy's mommy). I found your blog through April's and thought I would just leave a quick message. Evelin is just adorable! I agree, get her voice recorded...I love listening to (and watching) old videos of the kids when they were small. They love it as well :)

We are all doing good...trying to move on with life. I hope all is going well :)