Friday, July 4, 2008

Fouth of July

For 5 or 6 years now we have spent Independence Day with our good friends Mike and Christine. Last year they were in San Diego so we were excited to continue out tradition this year. We went to their home, and Mike made killer burgers and we had great stuff to go with it. Yummy!

This was our first 4th together with both kids (Matthew is 2.5, Evelyn 1.5). They played together SO well today and we all had a nice time. Unfortunately, neither of them were in picture taking moods. Below is the best I have...

Unplanned, they had matching outfits...SO CUTE!

Matthew shared his toys well!


So, we tried to get a posed shot... this seriously is the best one! Hilarious!


Matthew is "soooo big!" He is so adorable!

One of the highlights of the evening came when Evelyn fell down their stairs! AAAAHHHH! A mom's worst nightmare! I'll spare the details, but she is TOTALLY fine and after she got over the shock of it, she started laughing! Another "first" to check off my list, I guess. I am SO thankful she is ok!

Our evening ended around 6:30 when Evelyn was crying and wanting to go to bed. We came home, got Evelyn to bed and are going to bed ourselves once I am done here. Ah, the joys of being parents of a toddler... what party animals we are! :)

Thanking God for my country, my freedom and my good friends tonight! Happy Fourth!


No comments: