Friday, July 11, 2008

The new swing, Part 1

I wanted to post this last night, but didn't get around to it. I SO want to blog about today, but I will wait until tomorrow for that so I can get this post in first.

My ever-so-sweet husband thought it would be a great idea to get a swing to hang from the apple tree in our backyard. If you read my blog regularly, you know that Evelyn LOVES to swing, so I, too thought it would be perfect.

Doug installed the swing last night, so it could be a surprise for Evelyn this morning. Again.. he is so sweet. Here it is after I thought he was done:


Then I see this. What the..... ?


To quote Doug: "I'm testing it out. I'd rather it break with a bucket of paint in it than with Evelyn in it!"

This last picture cracks me up...it's TOTALLY Doug! I know some of Doug's work peeps read my blog, so I am sure they will have many fun things to say about it! :) Feel free to comment, boys (and ladies).. if you dare! :)


I'll post Evelyn's reaction to the swing and all tomorrow... stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He has withdrawals when Evelyn goes to bed, but he's copping with it.

Anonymous said...

Kirk would've done the same paint-can thing... no question. Those are the dorky things that make them great dads!!

Janet Fraser said...

this is TOTALLY Doug! :-)

Janet Fraser said...
This comment has been removed by the author.