Wednesday, July 30, 2008

One year ago today...

.. my sweet Evelyn Joy got her pretty pink helmet! WOW.. what a ride it was for 8 months, but it was totally worth it! I wasn't blogging quite yet.. I think I started a week after she got the helmet. So, I thought I would take a trip down memory lane.

July 30th, 2007

In the waiting room ready to go. You can see how her L side protrudes out more than her R, hense the reason for the helmet!
She has always been SO curious about everything.. the helmet was no exception! She HAD to hold it and see it close up.

I LOVE her face in this photo. She kinda thinks its neato, but kinda knows it is NOT neato!

After we got the helmet on, she screamed for 45 minutes and threw up 3 times. Poor thing wore herself out!

This is one of my all time favorite pics of my baby girl. This was one of her first smiles after the helmet was on. She was SUCH a trooper thru this whole thing. We are so proud of her!

July 30, 2008

She really does remember her helmet, and now likes to put it on her baby and say "okay, baby, okay".. as if to comfort her. I love her caring heart.

I remember praying that God would keep her sweet and joyful spirit alive as she struggled getting used to the helmet (she does NOT like hats.. not now, not then!). As you can see, she wasn't phased by it one bit.. such a happy happy girl I have! (You also may notice her many teeth.. and her overbite. I had the same issue! Time to start saving for the orthodontist! FUN!)

I though I would throw this one is to show just how long her hair has gotten in the past year. It is so pretty.. and she is getting a bit better about me styling it!


She sleeps. Since lately I can't get her to smile for the camera to save my soul, I thought I would get a sleeping shot. I love watching her sleep.

It seems like forever that she had the helmet, even tho she got if off for good only 5 months ago. We are so thankful that God carried us threw that time and that the helmet corrected the issue almost completely! We are so thankful for all of you who joined us on the journey by praying and loving on our sweet girl.

Thankful and grateful tonight....

2 comments:

Jenni Clayville said...

How awesome that you actually captured all these moments with the camera.

She really is SO sweet!

Anonymous said...

This post brought tears to my eyes. What a great tribute to your girl!