Sunday, December 5, 2010

Evelyn's first Christmas Program!

My sweet pea sang in her first Christmas program at church this morning. She has been practicing (they sang "Away in a Manger") for weeks and SO excited. So exited, in fact, that she let me CURL HER HAIR!! That is huge, people!! Of course, in true mother of the year fashion.. I got ZERO pics of her before or after.. so its hard to see how pretty her hair looked. She looked so cute, and did a good job. She didn't sing much of the song... I think she was overwhelmed by all the lights and people.. but she didn't pick her nose or anything like that, so I consider today a success!!


Walking up on stage


The "big kids" were finishing a song first

Checking out the big screens!

She was singing here.. just not doing the motions.Her and her buddy Elise chatting it up...


She was singing here, too

It was so fun to have her do this... another "first" for us. She really loves to sing and I look forward to many more Christmas programs in the future!!

Oh.. one last thing. Matthew and I went to Sunday school after Evelyn was done singing. I really am hoping he can starting going without throwing a fit. He did GREAT today.. in the toddler room (yes, I guess he is a toddler now... *sigh*). I was in there but didn't play with him much and tried to be not in his line of vision. Next week I am thinking about just dropping him off and seeing how he does. I will miss him, but it will be SO great to be back in church again on a regular basis!
Eating a snack in a big boy chair!!

Happy Sunday... enjoy the week ahead!

No comments: