Wednesday, December 1, 2010

I've got nothin'... but love!

For the past three years I have done a birthday post for Evelyn entitled "Things Pondered". The title comes from the Bible, Luke 2:19. That verse has become my "Evelyn" verse. I love it, I cherish it, it just fits. It gives me inspiration to write about my precious daughter.

At 11:53am tomorrow, my baby boy turns one. I want to start to do a special yearly post for him, too. And I've got nothin'. No verse, no inspiring words, nothing. Lovely...

BUT..what I DO have is a thankful, grateful and full heart.

I am so thankful for the gift of my boy. He is one of the sweetest things I have ever met. His joy, his smile, his laugh, his love, his presence... more amazing than words can say. I am grateful, for one, that he came into this world eating and sleeping well. God knew I needed that. My heart is full of the memories of this past year, watching him grow and discover the world around him. He has completed our family perfectly.

I sit here with tears streaming down my face, feeling so blessed to be his mom.

I love you, Matthew Donald. Happy Birthday, buddy!


No comments: