Monday, December 20, 2010

Morris Family Christmas 2010

I might have mentioned this in other Christmas posts, but Doug's family most always celebrates Christmas in Dallas the Saturday prior. Doug's mom would rather have everyone together without being rushed than have people in and out on Christmas day. I appreciate her sacrifice a lot!

As I look thru these pictures, I realize A)they aren't that great, B) there are way more pics of Matthew than Evelyn, and C) sadly, I really don't remember much about that day. I came down with a really nasty cold earlier in the week and felt horrible pretty much the entire time we were in Dallas. No fun.. we all have been sick off and on for almost 2 months.. but that's another post!

Anyhoo.... here are the pics I do have from our "Happy Birthday Jesus" day with Doug's family.


Doug's mom has pretty much all of the toys Doug and his siblings played with as kids. My kids LOVE them. Matthew was really into them this year!

Sitting in a chair his grandma sat in when she was his age!

My nephew Greg and Sis-in-Law Debbie in a serious thumb war!

Daddy helping Matthew with his stocking

He got his OWN remote control. I think it was his favorite gift!

This year for something different, the kids acted out the Christmas story (read by Grandad) with the playmobil Nativity. I honestly don't remember this at all... I heard the kids enjoyed it!

Most of the gang...

Looking like I need a nap!

Must. Figure. Out. This. Toy!

Evelyn was SO excited when she was given a "HUGE" present to open. When she opened it she realized it was something she already had. She was really a big girl about it... I could tell she was so sad and disappointed.. and was happy to set it aside for it to be returned for something else. A hard thing that probably happens some this time of year!!

The big boys playing with Bey Blades.. whatever they are... ;)

He ate A LOT. Shocking, I know. This is the same high chair his daddy sat in!

My boy loves shoes. Almost as much as food!

And that's all the picture I have from that day. I know the kids had fun.. they were asleep within 10 minutes of leaving Grandma and Grandad's (at 5:45pm!), slept the whole way home and after getting them settled at home they slept until 8 the next morning!

One last picture, tho... since I didn't take many of my Evelyn at the Christmas gig. The next day we delivered treats/cards to our "Peach Lane Family" who we are so blessed to call neighbors. It was cold, and Evelyn took a pretty good tumble on the sidewalk. We came in and after assessing that she would make it (heehee) I made her some hot cocoa.

This is contentment. Love it. Love her more!

More Christmas blogging to come...

No comments: