Friday, December 24, 2010

Christmas with Jody/Christmas Eve

We did our annual "Christmas with Jody" breakfast on the 23rd. I am so thankful for her and the love she shows me and my kids. They love her so much!

I didn't get a picture of the table all done.. ugh.. but I did get a shot of the puffed pancake I made. It was served with cinnamon rolls, fruit salad, and sparkling cider. Yum!

Matthew and JoJo

Excited to open their gifts from Jody!

I don't think she played with ANYTHING else the entire day. She loves the Tinker Bell wooden "paper" dolls!

Matthew in his new sweat outfit from Jody. SO cute!

Evelyn was so excited for Jody to open her gifts from us.. so excited that she told her what one of them was right when she walked in the door!! HaHa!

My favorite gift this year by far! My mom had one of these ceramic "Lite Brite" trees when I was growing up. I LOVED it. It went away years ago but I always remember it. Jody has a similar one and this year I told her mom about the one we had growing up. Jody and Francie (Jody's mom) found a lady who makes them and got this for me. SO excited!

On Christmas Eve we were able to go to church. Due to family obligations or illness or other things, we haven't been to our church on Christmas Eve since Evelyn was 2 weeks old.. so we were excited to go!


We ended our Christmas Eve with Chinese Food and having a Christmas "movie night" with Evelyn after Matthew went to bed, complete with hot cocoa! A fun way to end the day!

More to come....

No comments: