Sunday, May 4, 2008

Sunday School, Sunshine, & A Ponytail

It's 7:30pm. The sun is shining and fresh air is whistling thru the open windows. My daughter is completely OUT for the night after such a fun day. My kitchen is clean. My husband is out getting me a mint oreo blizzard. AND I am blogging again. Can it get any better? :)

What a week and weekend it has been! I have SO much I could post about, I don't know where to begin. Let's start with Sunday School!

You might remember this post about my fear of leaving Evelyn in the church nursery. Needless to say she did GREAT for almost 5 months. Then, in January, things changed. Let's just say I haven't listened to a full sermon for almost 5 months. It's been horrible. We have been praying and praying for things to get better. Poor thing, she really has been struggling with separation issues, and not only at church. But.... PRAISE GOD.. she has been in the classroom the ENTIRE service for 3 weeks in a row now... and LOVED it! Teacher Tracy loves Evelyn and is SO excited to hear her laugh and have fun now. AND... I have left her with friends for short intervals and she has done fine. I am so excited. And thankful. And proud of my big girl!

Needless to say the sunshine today was heavenly. Evelyn was outside from the moment she woke up from her nap (1:30) til dinner time (barring a diaper change, etc). We went to the park and had a blast. She fussed a little bit when we left (it was getting crowded) but perked right up when we headed to the backyard when we got home. She walked to AND from the park, by the way... at least 1/2 mile total. That's a lot for her little legs, but she loves it. No wonder she was so tired tonight!

... she wanted to eat the bubble wand. Do you think she's teething? :)

Last but not least. You also might remember this post about my daughter not wanting me to TOUCH her hair... not with a comb, and don't even come near her with a clip! She has gotten better since then and likes me to comb her hair. But that's it. I have wanted to put it a ponytail for the longest time, so this week I decided to give it a go again. With a little (well... kinda bigger than little) fight, I did it. She looks so adorable! The girl in me is so happy!

TAKE IT OUT MOMMY!!!

Ok... I guess it's fine!

It wasn't the best job since she was being such a monkey... but I think she looks so cute!

So.. this is my favorite shot of the week, I think. I am not sure why, but it just captures her spunk and free spirit. Maybe you had to be there when the photo was taken....



That's all I have for now. Until next time...

5 comments:

Allison McKenney said...

love the pony tail! I love all the pictures, too!

Erika said...

I love the ponytail!!! Keep trying, that's all I have to say. Great pics!!! :)

Janet Fraser said...

i remember now... you guys were in the lobby, right? great pics, thanks for sharing!

Melinda said...

I am glad it was such a great week for you!

Katie said...

I love the pony tail! I can hardly believe how big Evelyn looks, but she is still as cute as ever! Glad that you had a great weekend. Look forward to seeing you Thursday.