Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas 2007

Saturday: Christmas with Doug's family
I love spending time with his wonderful family, especially Christmas... I am so blessed to have married into the Morris family! His parent, aunt, brother and sisters, as well as the nephews are lots of fun to be with. The day is very traditional, with food, carols, gifts and more.

Evelyn eating in the high chair her daddy ate in when he was a baby
Enjoying the tree and leaving the present alone...sort of!

Grandpa reading the Christmas story to all the grandkids.. a favorite tradition


Monday, Christmas Eve... We head north and stop in Tacoma to see my aunt Bobbie (my dad's sister) and my Uncle Dave. It was so great to see them... it was the first time they have had the chance to meet Evelyn. They loved on her and she warmed up really quickly to them. (Bobbie reminds me so much of my dad.. Evelyn would have really loved him... I miss him a lot this time of year). They got her the prettiest dress... I just had to put it on for a picture!
Christmas Eve/Christmas Day....After our time there, we headed further north to Snohomish for the night and for Christmas day. My aunt Carolyn, uncle Scott and my cousins Hayley(17) and Brooke(14) live there. My mom's 3 other sisters live in the area, too, and they all one came over on Christmas with their kids to celebrate. I didn't get a lot of pictures of everone... we were having too much fun I guess!

Hayley with her 2nd cousin .... she calls E "Rock Star" because E's hair was so wild when she was really little!

Evelyn(with my uncle Sam) meeting my cousin Justin's son Peyton (almost 3, with my cousin Chase, Justin's brother in the pic) for the first time. He was so sweet to her.. and so handsome!

"Santa Max"... poor thing... he hated this outfit, but the girls insisted he wear it all day!

Brooke enjoying all of her "loot"

Kiss Kiss!
We had a busy but wonderful few days with family, the way Christmas should be spent! Bring on New Year's Eve!!

I hope all of you had a great day yesterday!

No comments: