Monday, December 17, 2007

You know you are a rookie parent when.....

Evelyn and I were playing with her safari animal puzzle this morning. This is how it went:

E hands me the lion
Me: "This is a lion. It says "roooaarrrr"

E hands me the monkey
Me: "This is a monkey. It says "oohoohooh ahahah"

E hands me the elephant
Me: "This is an elephant. It says......"

Moments of silence pass as I try to figure out how to make an elephant sound... then my sweet husband, laughing, says,

"It says 'I'm an elephant'"

I think we were just really tired, but we both just died laughing at ourselves. It may not sound as funny to you, but we were in stitches! Oh, the things you need to learn to be a parent!!

Can you make an elephant sound?

1 comment:

Aly sun said...

I just stopped by after visiting my cousin, Carrie Jean's blog. I am the mother of 2 (a 3 year old and a 3 month old). We were in Africa last year and my then 2-year-old came up with her own elephant sound/action. She says, "ohh" while lifting her arm straight over her head. As an adult, I feel pretty silly re-inacting it. The things we do as parents!