Monday, December 3, 2007

One Year Ago Today....

... I went into labor. It started at about 2:30 in the morning with mild contractions. Of course Doug and I were totally excited (a bit nervous, too). The baby would be here soon.. and right on time for my Dec. 5th due date! Doug had taken the whole month of December off to be with me and the baby, so it was going to be great for him to have so much time with his new daughter. We started the whole timing thing and waited for things to progress....

Unfortunately, Evelyn had other plans. I ended up being in labor for a whole week!! I had contractions only at night for 4 days, then pretty constant for another 3. It was brutal. I was tired. I was anxious to meet my sweet pea. I didn't want to push out a big baby, or worse yet, have to have an urgent c-section or something. Painful... physically and emotionally!

At the same time, it was one of the most precious weeks I have ever had with my husband. He was up with me most of my long nights and we would laugh hysterically watching Conan O'Brien and other shows that only are funny at that time of night (the best was watching Conan get drunk on eggnog with Martha Stewart... priceless!). We went on walks, ate ice cream, had amazing conversation and prayer time, and were nap buddies! It was a blessing to have this time together before our lives would be changed forever.

I would post a picture of my last days before Evelyn came, but I don't have any. That's ok... trust me... it was not a pretty sight! :)

I can't believe my baby turns one next Tuesday!

No comments: