Sunday, December 30, 2007

December 30th, 1997... oh, what a night!

Doug and I had our very 1st date 10 years ago tonight!! I remember it very clearly...
  • how nervous I was, what I wore, what he wore
  • how He was the perfect gentleman, opening doors, praying at dinner, etc.
  • that we went to Giovanni's for dinner... he had eggplant parmesan, I had manicotti.
  • that one of the first things he said when we sat down at dinner was, "Stephanie, I think you are the best!" So sweet.
  • how we then went and saw "Titanic" at Tigard cinema. First time seeing it. It was awesome!
  • when he asked me to get his chapstick out of the glovebox as he was driving me home... what? I remember freaking out thinking that he actually might try to kiss me... he still laughs at that... he really just wanted some chapstick!! Boys!!!
Oh, what a night!! Thanks, sweetie, for making me feel so special that night... and pretty much every day since!! I love you Doug and am so glad I said yes when you asked me out!

No comments: