Thursday, December 20, 2007

Oh, the Irony

Evelyn has never been a good sleeper. She was colicky the first 3+ months of her life and had reflux. She pretty much would scream for at least 2 hours, sleep for one or two (if we were lucky), then be up again to eat. It was brutal to say the least. She outgrew that but didn't outgrow her apparent need to wake up thru the night. A lot. Not to eat, just to fuss.. I spent many nights rocking her for 30mins here, one hour there. Not as brutal, but tiring none the less. She has slept thru the night, so I know she can. Little stinker :) Anyhoo... the past couple of months she has only been up once a night on average. I am getting used to it!

Fast forward to 2 weeks ago. She started to walk! (insert proud mommy grin here). Since then, she pretty much has slept at least 11 hours a night!! I am serious.. 11 hours! It is amazing... walking is hard work apparently! :) FINALLY a chance to get some good shut eye!!

OH CONTRAIR MON FRAIR!! (poor french spelling, but you get the point!)

Now I am the one who isn't sleeping. This winter my allergies are acting up more than usual. At night. Fun! So I sneeze, cough, and blow my nose a lot as I am trying to sleep. Last night it was midnight the last time I looked at the clock! UGH! It is so bad that Doug has been sleeping in the guest bed so he can at least benefit from Evelyn's new feat! I am taking my allergy meds, but they don't seem to kick it.

It is so frustrating.... just when I am able to get some solid sleep, I can't! UGH!!!

I am taking benedryl tonight... for the side effects!! (Don't judge, people... I need sleep!)

Oh, the irony!

1 comment:

Jenni Clayville said...

no judging here.

i get those nasty allergies in the spring. drug yourself out, girl!!!