Monday, December 10, 2007

Things Pondered

My sweet Evelyn Joy turns one tomorrow at 3:29pm. What a year it has been!

  • 365 of holding her cute little body in my arms
  • 365 days of looking at her beautiful face
  • 365 days of watching her sleep
  • 365 days of tears, smiles, laughs, giggles, squeals, and snuggles
  • 365 days of seeing life through her eyes and learning from it
  • 365 days of watching my husband be such a wonderful father
  • 365 days of prayer, love and support from family and friends
  • 365 days of swaddling, sleepers, cute outfits, and socks that never stay on
  • 365 days of breastfeeding, pumping, formula, bottlefeeding, spit up and cleanup
  • 365 days of being tired and being rejuvenated with a thought of her
  • 365 days that I won't ever get back again... and hope I made the most of them
  • 365 days of wondering how God could give me one of His children to love, care for and raise up in His behalf
  • 365 days of thanking God for such an opportunity
  • 365 days that have changed my life

Thank you, Evelyn, for bringing such joy into my life! Happy Birthday, sweet pea! I love you so very much. It is an honor to be your mommy!


"... and Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart" Luke 2:19

2 comments:

Jenni Clayville said...

What a blessing, my friend!

Happy Birthday, E!!!

Aly sun said...

This is really sweet! Motherhood is such a blessing.